The Widow’s House, built in 1850, was the home of Peter and Anna Stever. Peter was the brother of Baltzer Stever—second owner of Heller Homestead. The Widow’s House eventually became a rental property for tenants after the 1930s.
The kitchen required intensive restoration by removing the floor, starting on the northwest corner. This revealed evidence of a doorway which opened opposite the south wall of the Heller House. A second door was originally placed in front of the building where a window is at present. The fireplace hearth and beehive oven were restored back to their original condition. The chimney still needs work to draw an adequate draft up the flue.
When the two original and restored entry doors are installed and window shutters replaced, the two front porches will be researched and rebuilt. These were removed well after 1923 due to their age and condition.